Terms and Conditions Policy
These terms and conditions apply to the provision of services by Jordan’s Autocare (“the Garage”) to the customer (“the Customer”) who owns or has authority over the vehicle (“the Vehicle”) that is booked for any work (“the Work”) by the Garage.
- The Customer agrees to pay the Garage the agreed price (“the Price”) for the Work, which includes parts, labour, VAT and any additional charges. The Price will be confirmed by the Garage before the Work is carried out and will not be changed without the Customer’s consent.
- The Customer authorises the Garage to carry out the Work as agreed and to order any parts necessary for the Work. The Customer also authorises the Garage to carry out any additional work or order any additional parts that may be required during the course of the Work, provided that the Garage obtains the Customer’s prior consent and informs the Customer of any additional costs.
- The Garage will use its best and reasonable endeavours to complete the Work within the estimated time frame, but will not be liable for any delays caused by circumstances beyond its control, such as non-availability of parts or delivery delays. The Garage will notify the Customer as soon as possible if there are any changes to the estimated time frame or completion date.
- The Garage will provide a warranty for the Work and any parts supplied by the Garage for a period of [12 months or 12,000 miles] (whichever occurs first) from the date of completion of the Work. The warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship that may arise during normal use of the Vehicle. The warranty does not cover any damage caused by misuse, neglect, accident, vandalism, theft, fire, flood, or any other external factors. The warranty also does not cover any parts that are subject to wear and tear, such as tyres, brakes, clutches, batteries, etc. The warranty is void if the Vehicle is modified, altered, serviced or repaired by anyone other than the Garage or an authorised agent.
- The Customer has the right to cancel the booking for the Work at any time before the Work is started by notifying the Garage in writing or by phone. The Customer may be liable for a cancellation fee if the cancellation causes any loss or inconvenience to the Garage, such as ordering parts that cannot be returned or rescheduled. The cancellation fee will not exceed 10% of the Price or £50 (whichever is lower).
- The Garage has the right to retain possession of the Vehicle until the Price is paid in full by the Customer. The Garage also has the right to exercise a lien over the Vehicle as security for payment of any outstanding amounts owed by the Customer. The Garage will inform the Customer in writing if it intends to exercise its lien rights and will give the Customer a reasonable opportunity to pay before taking any further action.
- The Garage will take reasonable care of the Vehicle while it is in its custody and will have adequate insurance cover for any loss or damage that may occur. However, the Garage will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is caused by events or circumstances that are beyond its reasonable control or that are not foreseeable. The Garage will also not be responsible for any loss or damage that is caused by theft or vandalism unless it is due to negligence on its part.
- The Customer is responsible for removing any personal belongings from the Vehicle before leaving it with the Garage. The Garage will not be liable for any loss or damage to any personal belongings left in the Vehicle.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and any disputes arising from them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.